With the 2017 NASL Regular Season wrapping up this weekend, there are three games you should be keeping an eye on, as they have an impact on the NASL postseason.
New York Cosmos vs Puerto Rico FC
Indy Eleven vs North Carolina FC
San Francisco Deltas vs Jacksonville Armada
As of right now, the New York Cosmos hold the fourth seed in the NASL Championship. Their only threat for that last spot is the Jacksonville Armada.
- A victory over PRFC on Saturday secures the Cosmos spot in the postseason and eliminates the Armada.
- A New York draw and a Jacksonville victory by over four goals clinches the Armada’s spot.
- A Cosmos loss and an Armada win also give the last spot in The Championship to Jacksonville
There are two possible scenarios for the third seed in the NASL Championship to change places. The current holders are North Carolina FC, and their only threat is the New York Cosmos
- The New York Cosmos would take the third seed with a victory over Puerto Rico FC and a North Carolina loss away to Indy Eleven
- If NCFC settle for a draw in Indiana, the Cosmos can take the third seed with at least a seven goal difference in their game vs Puerto Rico FC.
The third seed will take on the San Francisco Deltas away from home while the fourth will take on Miami FC on the road in the semi-final game.